fast boot how to turn off

Solution
Hi,

Have you tried using a different USB port on your PC? If it doesn't work do try to uninstall/reinstall the USB driver from Device Manager.

Here's how to turn off Fast Boot.
1. Search for Power Option and open it.
2. Click on "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left pane.
3. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" on the top of the screen.
4. Under "Shutdown settings" remove the check on "Turn on fast startup"
Hi,

Have you tried using a different USB port on your PC? If it doesn't work do try to uninstall/reinstall the USB driver from Device Manager.

Here's how to turn off Fast Boot.
1. Search for Power Option and open it.
2. Click on "Choose what the power buttons do" on the left pane.
3. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" on the top of the screen.
4. Under "Shutdown settings" remove the check on "Turn on fast startup"

Solution
Laptop_Nerd points out the correct setting 1,2,3,4.
I had the problem that my USB mouse would not be found during startup, so I had no mouse. My PS/2 keyboard was ok. After much interwebbing, I discovered that Fast Start-up actually uses the hybernate settings to achieve a fast boot up. This also explains why I was getting the message "changing system settings whist in hybernate may affect...." or something like that, when I entered the BIOS.
I thought, "Im not using hybernate", but actually, it turns out that I was using hybernate but disguised as "fast start-up".
Now I have switched off Fast start-up, I get my mouse back, with a slight performance hit of about 5 seconds starting windows.