Plugging in one monitor causes the other to go off

AlanMW

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
So here is my issue. I have had 3 displays for a few months now and during light use today one of them turns off. Thinking it was a simple fix I tried new display port wires, unplug re plug etc. Well after some tinkering I find that when I unplug any of the three monitors the other two work fine. I have a 1080p sony tv, a qnix qx2710LED 1440p monitor, and a pb287q 4k monitor. Like I said they have been working fine in this configuration for months. Any suggestions? Specs below:

CPU: Intel 5820k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte x99-ud3p-cf
RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Trident Z
Monitors: Sony TV (HDMI), Qx2710LED (DisplayPort), PB287Q (DisplayPort)

AlanMW

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
Sometimes the things windows and nvida do seemingly out of the blue is what pisses me off the most. After a few hours of looking through nvida settings, reinstalling drivers, and on the edge of submitting an RMA request, I have found the solution. And if you are reading this with the same issue I hope this makes your day.

Right Click on Desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Display > Set up multiple displays > REcheck the monitor that is non responsive.

I have no idea what could have caused this issue. Here is a photo to help anyone out: http://imgur.com/s1duqFQ