Windows 7 on a new system?

Yourganked

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2016
What's up guys I've got all the parts together for my new gaming pc and I'm going to start building it this Saturday... I've been reading around about all the new forced updates to 10, recording of personal data, and overall sketchy B.S. Microsoft has been pulling. That being said how can I get Win7 onto my computer without needing to worry about all the things listed above? Please help me out with this I really loved windows 7 and hate needing to deal with windows 8 on my current system and I really don't want to deal with windows 10. Thanks.

Here are my system specs if need

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/D84HwP)

CPU | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor]
CPU Cooler | [Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler]
Motherboard | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard]
Memory | [G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory]
Storage | [Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]
Storage | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
Video Card | [MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card]
Case | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case]
Power Supply | [EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply]

The Windows 10 update is not exactly forced, but it's very pushy. You can just ignore the messages that come up and make sure you don't check it off in the Updates (which I think is a horrible idea to put an OS update in the same area you get security patches and driver updates). The whole Windows 10 upgrade push they are doing, along with the many issues we are seeing on gaming systems and Windows 10 have really soured me on this version of Windows, and MS actions to get people to install it. Me, Vista and 8 may have been bad, but at least they were bad without poping up a spyware message to upgrade to them every day.

Yourganked

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2016

Thanks for the reply, How should I go about getting Win7 since I don't have an optical drive? Also I heard there is a program or something that prevents windows 10 from installing on your computer all together, is this true, and do you know what that program is?

Yourganked

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2016

Do you know anywhere I can find any? I was looking around for hours and only found scams...

I'm with you brother. I got no time to beta-II free for Microsoft and prefer the tried&true. Set you update to manual and as mentioned, pick only the updates you want, and before your next, "I wonder if W10 have gotten better for me to try it again." Do an OS Image Backup so you can simply GO BACK if you don't like it.