can't see one PC on my network but can access it via Homegroup

Rokonn

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Have 3 PCs networked. Can only see 2 of them but I can access the 3rd one using Homegroup. I have shared that PC folders but still can't see it when I click on Network in Explorer.

Solution
You may be running into a bug that was introduced by one of Windows 10 updates. (It being a bug is my current impression anyway....)

Run the network troubleshooter:

See if you find an error along the lines of:

"windows socket registry entries missing"

You system may or may not fix it.

Just copy and paste the quoted words above into Google. You will find plenty of information (some in this forum even) describing the problem.

Seems to be a variety of fixes but whether any given fix works or not seems to be problematic.

I have two wired PC's and a NAS more or less "down". However a wireless PC shows up just fine.

So far none of the fixes have worked for me and I am just sort of studying it all and seeing if I can put together...

Ralston18

Titan
You may be running into a bug that was introduced by one of Windows 10 updates. (It being a bug is my current impression anyway....)

Run the network troubleshooter:

See if you find an error along the lines of:

"windows socket registry entries missing"

You system may or may not fix it.

Just copy and paste the quoted words above into Google. You will find plenty of information (some in this forum even) describing the problem.

Seems to be a variety of fixes but whether any given fix works or not seems to be problematic.

I have two wired PC's and a NAS more or less "down". However a wireless PC shows up just fine.

So far none of the fixes have worked for me and I am just sort of studying it all and seeing if I can put together something new to try.

Solution