Help me build my first PC. What should I change?

SharpShootr

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
So this is the first time I write on this website and I think this is a really cool community that can help me out. I'm building my first PC and I don't want to go overkill on this so please don't ask me "Why don't you buy 3 Titan X's?"

This is the list of components that I'm 99% sure I will buy:

Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600-k
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 4GB Direct CU II - Won't change this for nothing, I fell in love for this card, sry guys
RAM: 1x8GB DDR4 2400MHz HyperX Fury
Storage: 1TB Western Digital SATA III 64MB Blue HDD
PSU:Cooler Master B500 ver.2

Here are the components I'm not sure about:

Case:

NOX NX200 - 35€
I'm not sure about this because it's not a well known brand and it's really cheap but that doesn't mean it doesn't do the job

http://www.nox-xtreme.com/en/product/nx200/61/

CPU Cooler:

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
I'm not sure about this because I know nothing about coolers, since it's cooler master and suppports two fans I think it's good enough seeing that I'm not planing on doing overclocking. But if I actually did overclock, would this CPU Cooler handle it?

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/b-series/b500ver2/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So do you think I sould change something? This build goes for around 890€(1000 US$) in Portugal (where I live) and I really don't want to go above that.

I also wanted to know what windows should I install? Win 10 or 7?

The games I'll play will mostly be:

Rainbow Six: Siege
Tom Clancy's The Division
AC Syndicate
MGSV:TPP
COD: BO3
BF4
JC3

Since your not going to overclock, I would suggest using some different components. You can save money on the processor and motherboard and put it towards a better graphics card. I also recommend using two sticks of RAM instead of one for slightly better performance. The PSU isn't very good, if you can find one from Tier 1 or 2 in the list below, it will have much better quality. Size it according to the recommendation of the video card maker. You won't need an aftermarket cooler either, the stock one will be fine.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($41.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($274.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($48.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $674.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-11 18:32 EST-0500