What could I expect to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrmind5

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Thinking of upgraing to skylake - i5 6600k, z170x-gaming 7, 16gb ram. If so, would I be able to sell my existing rig and roughly how much. I'm in the UK.

Current parts I might sell -

i5 4440
ga-h87-hd3
8gb (2x4gb) kingston hyper x black ram
be quiet shadow rock 2
fractal r4 black - not windowed
cooler master v450s psu

Thanks.

I would not expect much for that build. The processor is locked so the aftermarket cooler will only add minimal value. The motherboard is very basic. The power supply is expensive retail but it isn't a very good unit.

CPU $130
Motherboard $50
RAM $10
CPU Cooler $20
Case $50
PSU $20

Total $330

These prices assume there is no damage or scratches to any of the parts and that you clean all the dust off the parts. You could get more for each part if you sell them one by one but shipping costs could remove any profit. You should probably remove that CPU cooler from the build altogether because it doesn't really add appeal to a system with a locked processor. If I were you I'd advise you keep what you can in the case and CPU cooler. They are not bad and could easily last another build. Shipping costs for a case wipe any profits.

Aug 11, 2015
You need to think about the price difference in the UK, things can cost a LOT more there. Your pricing looks spot on, just reuse your formula with the UK prices. I reckon about 270-280£ though.

Yeah, sorry bout that. I don't know much about UK pricing. Would those high prices be just a flat percentage higher than the american market or would that only apply to specific components?

Aug 11, 2015
From what I found out, I think it's a percentage. I'm not sure though, I only know because I helped out a family member with building a pc and he lives in england. For example, 240Gb SSDs would be minimum about 60£ (about 85$), but a gtx 960 was between 160 and 190 (230$-274$).

Status
Not open for further replies.