Problem with Dell S2240L monitor display

thr999

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hi
Recently i started facing a problem with my Dell S2240L(1 year old).
While in use the screen suddenly gets a pinkish shade either on left or right half of the screen.
First i thought it was some magnetic effect of speakers or modem or mobile pphones placed near it. But it is not i suppose. It suddenly gets a pink shade and automatically becomes normal without any repair or anything. Problem is not with HDMI or VGA cable either. when all the cables are disconnected from the monitor except for power cable and monitor is truned on...it displays the previous usage of the monitor(see the picture). Bought it from online site and now both the site and DELL won't provide any service to problem. Sometimes the problem lasts for days and sometimes for few hours. Have any of you guys had this problem earlier? And how much does it cost to get it repaired ?
IMG_20160110_115147.jpg

IMG_20160110_115300.jpg

Thanks

thr999

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Bought it from snapdeal...the seller is now no longer with snapdeal and so snapdeal said they won't cover it and DELL people say that the bill is not valid . Snapdeal say that the bill provided is valid. :(

thr999

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

No such thing in india here. DELL wont cover this. if i can know what exactly is the problem then i can get it repaired .

RakeshDey

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Facing this same problem today with my dell s2240L again. Last time I faced this one month ago, that time it lasted for 1 day but this time it's been 2 days my monitor has this issue. Please Tell me, What happened to your monitor after then? did dell replace it?

Update : Dell replaced it with a refurbished one, same model within 1 week.