New HDD - BSOD System service exception?

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I just bought a new Western Digital 1tb black series HDD today and it started off just fine, installed W10 and started downloading my various programs and games that i use. but shortly after i started i got a BSOD with the error "system_service_exception". I am not sure what caused it but i have my minidump files on hand i just do not know enough about this kind of thing to solve this problem. If someone could help me it would help me out a lot, these are happening every 1.5-2hrs now.

I dont know where i could upload the minidump to help so if someone has a recommendation that would be nice as well.

EDIT: not sure if this will work but i uploaded it to my dropbox
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64386199/021316-16765-01.dmp

Solution
A file belonging to directx - dxgkrnl.sys - is causing the 1st crash. Whats the video card?

Uninstalling the video drivers / updating them may fix this. Test the ram with memtest

Updating the BIOS MAY fix the Whea stop error. This can be CPU related. It maybe overheating, or you're overclocking.

If you can update the BIOS in the BIOS, do it in the BIOS. Not in Windows

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013

Sorry to reply so late and i thank you for trying to help. I uninstalled avast and that did help the problem but i ended up getting more errors and BSOD down the line so i decided to format and reinstall windows.

Since then i am now getting BSOD'd again with the same error and once with "system_thread_exception_not_handled" Never saw that one before. Havnt installed much this time, just some games and some basics. i have 2 links for each of the BSOD reports if you or someone else could be so kind to take a peek at them.

- system_thread_exception_not_handled - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64386199/021416-10984-01.dmp

- system service exception - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64386199/021416-11046-01.dmp

thanks again in advance i will try to get back sooner this time, have been trying and looking up everything i could without success.

EDIT - So i just had another BSOD but this time was a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" I have the link for the dmp
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64386199/021416-10281-01.dmp

looking it up currently to try to solve it

A file belonging to directx - dxgkrnl.sys - is causing the 1st crash. Whats the video card?

Uninstalling the video drivers / updating them may fix this. Test the ram with memtest

Updating the BIOS MAY fix the Whea stop error. This can be CPU related. It maybe overheating, or you're overclocking.

If you can update the BIOS in the BIOS, do it in the BIOS. Not in Windows

Solution

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013
I have a GTX 760. i went through before this and uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia drivers hoping that would do something, apparently not. im trying to update DX now.

The system isnt overclocked and never overheated before this so i cant see it doing it now with just a new HDD installed. I guess i could test my ram, just seems weird that they would have a problem the exact same time i install a new hdd. Im also tryin to figure out if there is a bios update for my mobo.

EDIT: if it helps i have an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 mobo, AMD Fx-8350 cpu

EDIT2: So i had never updated my bios before and so the version i had was the one that came with the board when i got it 2-3ish years ago, turns out it was a version from 2012, i got the most recent version installed now and i guess we will see what happens. I also tried to installed Dx again, not sure if i did it totally right but we'll see. I will report back when i have more info.

Ghost Ookami

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2013

probably going to jinx this but i think we have success. I updated my BIOS and havnt had a single crash yet, tested games and they work fine now instead of crashing after around 10 minutes, and everything else has been working as well. So i think/hope it is fixed for now.

Thank you so very much for your help, its been frustrating but you helped me a ton. Thanks.