3 monitor setup, can't duplicate main display to video input card

Rampagingram

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
The GPU is a 290x lightning overclocked a bit and I run Windows 10. I have a 3 monitor setup, 2 are DVI and the center uses a display port to DVI. (All three monitors are working) I have an HDMI out to another computer with an Elgato video in card. I can't seem to be able to duplicate the main display (the central monitor of the three monitors) to the Elgato. I do not have Eyefinity enabled when I do this. When I save it Windows says its unable to save the settings. I have been able to duplicate the display to the Elgato fine with a single monitor setup in the past. Is there a way to do this? Seems unreasonable that Windows prevents this setup so casually?!

Solution
The gpu will only output 2 signals unless using active dp. Even if it's not a monitor, you are only using hdmi, not active dp, so it can't output anything to it.

SirTrus

Honorable
Aug 9, 2014

So, you're trying to record something on all 3 displays?

Rampagingram

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014

No just the main one, the center one

SirTrus

Honorable
Aug 9, 2014

Try going into the Screen resolution settings (On your desktop) and set your center monitor as default display.

Rampagingram

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014

As I said "I can't seem to be able to duplicate the main display (the central monitor of the three monitors) to the Elgato."