Screen goes white when resolution is changed

Strandwall

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
A few days now, every time the resolution of the screen is changed it goes white. It is not white at first, though, but it is all fragmented in lines that quickly fade into completely white. The problem is solved by simply turning off and on the monitor. However, it is absolutely uncomfortable because whenever I start a game, for example, I need to do my little ritual of turning on and off the monitor. The same goes with connecting my TV as second screen - the TV is fine, but the main screen goes white and with the little magic (mentioned above) everything is fine but my patience. Hope you have any ideas how to exorcise the devil out of my monitor.
P.S. Just updated the nvidia drivers - the screen went wild the same way as before by the installer but otherwise the monitor is fine and hasn't totally burned yet.

Solution
Your monitor hardware is damaged. You can open it up and try and replace the boards/look for bad caps if you are capable. The easy fix is to stop changing the resolution. It should always be set at native anyway so :not sure why you are changing it launching a game.
Your monitor hardware is damaged. You can open it up and try and replace the boards/look for bad caps if you are capable. The easy fix is to stop changing the resolution. It should always be set at native anyway so :not sure why you are changing it launching a game.

Solution

Steve_125

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem. I might send my laptop back to HP and see I'd they can fix it. Also, sorry for bumping an old thread.