Windows 10 Bandwidth

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi,

I have windows 10 home I was wondering if there is any software out there that will scan my computer and tell me if there are any programs that are stealing my bandwidth and tell me which ones would be safe to disable I'm asking because I have comcast as my service provider and I have a 100mb connection and I'm only getting around 5 or 6 mb per sec when I download from torrent or anywhere for that matter. and I have another computer with windows 7 on it and I keep switching back and forth and on the computer with windows 7 I get about 16 mb per sec so by process of elimination I can isolate this problem to windows 10. I have called comcast and My lines coming into my house are fine. I have 32 gigs of memory I have a core i7 950 3rd gen processor I have a gigabyte z77x ud5h motherboard Any help in me finding out weather windows 10 is stealing my bandwidth and specifically what programs are causing this would be great! If I have posted to the wrong section could you please tell me what section to post too?

Thank you!

warhead0

Distinguished
It sounds like you are looking for tools that Windows already has.

You can monitor data and other activity of all programs with the Task Manger.

CTRL + Shift + ESC Is the shortcut to open it up.

I'm not really sure how Windows 10 is consuming that much bandwidth, at this point I'm just going to put the blame on your ISP.

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

as I told you though with windows 7 I get about 16 mb and with windows 10 I get about 6 so I'm not sure