Samsung Book 9 Pro Network Adapter causing BSOD when waking from sleep

bombfrog

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
Hi all,

Firstly, this is my first post here. Apologies if I put it in the wrong place but it seemed the best forum for it.

I bought a new Samsung book 9 pro in January and it's a fantastic laptop apart from one problem. When I put it in to sleep mode each night there's a 1/4 change that when I wake it in the morning the network card will be switched off. It will not list any wi-fi networks. If you switch it on it switches itself off again and if you attempt to diagnose the problem of restart the adapter you get a BSOD every time.

It's a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A and I have now updated it to the latest driver I can find - 12.0.0.210 released on 15th Jan 2016.

Before I update I would get a BSOD that said DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but since updating the driver it now says BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER when I get the blue screen.

The only way to avoid the BSOD is to reboot the laptop when the problem occurs without trying reboot/diagnose the network adapter. This is no use to me as I still have to save all my work and re-open all my windows in multiple desktops which is driving me crazy.

Unfortunately I can't really contact Samsung about this as bought it from a UK Amazon seller as the laptop hasn't officially been released in this country.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bombfrog

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
Hmm, a colleague of mine thinks that because it's a different error relating to the same thing (and because nobody else seems to be talking about this) that it may actually be a hardware fault. This would be bad due to the unibody design of the laptop s-)