Can't get port 8080 through firewall

cormanaz

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
I have some home automation software running on a W10 machine on my network that has a web interface I want to access from other machines. It is running on port 8080. I couldn't access it by default so I created an inbound rule for TCP port 8080 on windows firewall to enable it. Still can't access. I know the problem is on the stated W10 machine because when I turn off the firewall on that machine temporarily I can access the web interface from the other machines. How can I troubleshoot this?

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to look into your device that is monitoring/routing your home network whereby seeing if the Firewall in your router is on as well. If that is then you might as well disable the Firewall on your machine. I've had a similar issue but once i found out I had a Firewall running on both my router and my desktop, I switched off the desktop Firewall and everything was buttery smooth.

It'd help us out if we knew how you're connected to the internet and the systems specs that you have to work with.

cormanaz

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I still haven't gotten this solved. I switched the application in question to port 81 in hopes that would straighten things out, but alas, no help. The application is a web server for Homeseer home automation, and the browser on the host machine accesses it fine at 192.169.1.80:81. It is connected through an ASUS RT-AC68W router and I have turned off the firewall on that device. I am only trying to connect via LAN. I can ping 192.168.1.80 successfully from another machine on the network. When I try to access the web client from that same machine the connection times out. That machine is W10 running windows firewall. The Homeseer app is enabled through the firewall, and so is TCP port 81. When I turn off the host machine firewall without changing anything else, I can connect to the server from the remote machine.