Monitor shuts off for 1 second and turns back on!

Suraj Chaturvedi

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Hey guys! So recently i was out of town and my PC was off for 2 days, and when i came back i saw that my monitor, whenever someone hits any switch in my house the monitor goes off for 1 seconds and then comes back on! Even when someone hits the door bell it does the same. I used to have this problem when i had Sony Bravia as my monitor but then i switched to BenQ. I had no issues till 1 year but when i turned on my PC after 2 days it does the same thing as my Bravia used to do. I even have a Panasonic TV as my living room TV but it does not do anything. What might be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Sounds like you have inconsistent power or "dirty power". Might look into getting a UPS that way you know that your computer and monitor are getting a nice stream of power regardless of fluctuations.

riccardi50

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
Sounds like you have inconsistent power or "dirty power". Might look into getting a UPS that way you know that your computer and monitor are getting a nice stream of power regardless of fluctuations.

Solution