Why Windows 10 displays as, on Belarc, Windows 8.1?

Jaxx1111

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
I have an authentic Windows 10 Pro OS on an older PC, but when I run Belarc to check out the PC's health and what is on it, it consistently states the PC has a Windows 8.1 build (9600). If I go to my system settings, my id activating is "activated" with Windows 10 Logo on top. Is that just a Belarc software glitch?

Just a quick suggestion, I added virtual ram in my "advanced settings" under the Display tab, and it seems to help with performance, and also changed my tab in hat same window, for all settings to be set for "better performance". It really does help a bit on an older PC, both laptop and Desktop. Just thought I'd share.

Solution
Thanks. This may be confusing :)

Windows 10 does display on Belarc. I have 2 PCs, one Desktop and one Laptop. Both PCs are partitioned, The Laptop has Windows 10 and Windows 8.1. If I Perform Belarc on the Laptop, it displays whatever OS I am in correctly, both 8.1 and 10. On my Desktop, I sill have Windows 7 on one end, and updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on the other end. The Desktop is the one where Belarc is displaying Windows 10 as Windows 8.1. Also, that is the PC I have a problem logging into Windows 10 with and using the start button. I had t create a new user account, which is different to do on Windows 10 than using Windows 8.1. In any event, I am just wondering during the upgrade process, some code didn't transfer...

Jaxx1111

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Thanks. This may be confusing :)

Windows 10 does display on Belarc. I have 2 PCs, one Desktop and one Laptop. Both PCs are partitioned, The Laptop has Windows 10 and Windows 8.1. If I Perform Belarc on the Laptop, it displays whatever OS I am in correctly, both 8.1 and 10. On my Desktop, I sill have Windows 7 on one end, and updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 on the other end. The Desktop is the one where Belarc is displaying Windows 10 as Windows 8.1. Also, that is the PC I have a problem logging into Windows 10 with and using the start button. I had t create a new user account, which is different to do on Windows 10 than using Windows 8.1. In any event, I am just wondering during the upgrade process, some code didn't transfer? It is too much a coincidence that the version of Windows 10 which is giving me problems is the same version that doesn't display as Windows 10 in Belarc. I have used Belarc for years, studied its method of gathering and scanning your PCs HDD.

The reason why I am mentioning all of this, I always think doing an upgrade for an OS is not the best way to go even though MS is pushing you to do so. It is best to do a clean install. By the way, both PCs were XP machines, and run flawlessly with Windows 10. Amazing!

Solution