Monitor buzzing noise then black screen

Briggsta

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I have had this Acer monitor for years and years(Acer P235h 23"), so it's out of warranty, nothing can be done other than fix or junk it.

I was sitting on the couch in the same room as my computer and I notice my main monitor goes black (I have dual monitors) but not my other one. I go to turn it back on and nothing happens, pressing power button, nothing. So I unplugged and plugged it back in, my desktop comes up with a pinkish orangeish tint? After a few seconds the colors go to normal then a buzzing sound comes from the power cable area of the monitor. After a few seconds of buzzing it shuts off, rinse and repeat. I tried switching to a different HDMI cable, different power cable, nothing, so I assume it's the monitor itself and has gone bye bye.

I've already gotten a new monitor but I'd like to save this one if I could since it's better than my other monitor I use for my second, if it's worth fixing or if it can be fixed at all.

Any takers?
Thanks.

Briggsta

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Not so much. I've never messed with any type of wiring of any sort, or any circuit boards for that matter.

However I don't have much to lose, so I wouldn't mind possibly trying.

TRENDING THREADS