HDMI Input not working with Asus Monitor

Blackfyre12

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
I have just bought a new HDMI Cable for my Asus 23.6 inch monitor. When I plug it in and switch to the HDMI display, all I get is HDMI no signal.

I don't know if its relevant, but there was a similar problem with my DVI input. To "solve" this I simply used the second DVI port on the back of my computer, located nearer the middle, and it worked fine. There is a Mini HDMI port next to this DVI port, so I was sort of wondering if I need an M-HDMI adapter instead. Ideally, however, making the normal HDMI port work would be great.

I have attempted to allow the use of an HDMI cable through my NVIDIA control panel, but it does not seem to work.

My GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Please help!

Solution
no as you will need a new videocard as the hdmi is not working at all. the hdmi will work in the boot process without use of software which yours does not which mean you have a hardware problem with that card. my hdmi works ok in the boot process til windows loads & then uses the card's software.
no as you will need a new videocard as the hdmi is not working at all. the hdmi will work in the boot process without use of software which yours does not which mean you have a hardware problem with that card. my hdmi works ok in the boot process til windows loads & then uses the card's software.

Solution
try the card in another computer for testing purposes to see if it displays using hdmi during the boot process. no software has to be installed for that card in windows. can also try it in other computer without hard drive installed or enabled. I do that all the time.