Looking for a course to get a software developer degree/diploma

danctes

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Hi!

My name's Daniel.

I moved to UK 1 year ago and I would like to start working in computer coding. It seems to fascinate me and I think I also have the patience.

The problem is I do not know what courses I should look for.
Those levels and NVQ, EQF, GCSE qualifications confused me even more.

I have a bachelor's degree. Would it help me here in the UK?

Bassically, I don't know where to start so I emailed these guys, on this forum and continue googling.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Thank you! :)

Daniel

Solution
Be careful. There are a lot of "guys" out there just wanting to take your money. Offer much, deliver "little". Little is not likely.

Look at the employment ads in your area: i.e., the UK.

See what employers are looking for. Not always a straightforward method as trade offs are often needed. Education versus experience versus certifications must be understood.

Degrees, experience, certifications all help and count.

The main objective is for you to truly and honestly convince a potential employer of your ability to do the job, to not be a hassle to co-worker's or your supervisor, to be a team player, to be reliable, to be honest, and to be ethical. Willing to work and to do a bit extra when needed. And even when not needed.

Be...

Ralston18

Titan
Be careful. There are a lot of "guys" out there just wanting to take your money. Offer much, deliver "little". Little is not likely.

Look at the employment ads in your area: i.e., the UK.

See what employers are looking for. Not always a straightforward method as trade offs are often needed. Education versus experience versus certifications must be understood.

Degrees, experience, certifications all help and count.

The main objective is for you to truly and honestly convince a potential employer of your ability to do the job, to not be a hassle to co-worker's or your supervisor, to be a team player, to be reliable, to be honest, and to be ethical. Willing to work and to do a bit extra when needed. And even when not needed.

Be willing to sacrifice to get "your foot in the door". No job or employer is ideal - and any appearance of being so will change for one reason or another.

You must take risks. Nothing foolish (both subjective and objective) but you are on the scary side of things to some extent.

So look at the employment ads for the tangible requirements but remember it is the subjective that gets you a job.

Solution

danctes

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016

Thank you for your advice, Ralston18.

TRENDING THREADS