Compare intel Core™ i7-620M and Intel® Core™ i7-720QM

Hello,
Can you guys please tell me the diffrence between i7-720QM and i7-620?
The interesting thing is that i7- 720 is about 120 pounds cheaper in Dell lap tops while it has a higher Cache!(6MB L3)
I need the laptop for heavy 3D design and analysis applications and what I noticed on Intel website was many advantages available for i7-620 such as integrated Graphic,Intel HD graphic and etc which apparently not available on i7-720. Are these important to pay 120 pounds more?

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about compare intel core 620m intel core 720qm
  1. i7-620M Arrandale is 32nm dual core 2.66Ghz (Turbo 3.3Ghz) with GPU on the same package as CPU.
    i7-720QM Clarksfield is 45nm quad core 1.6Ghz (Turbo 2.8Ghz). The i7-720QM get's its Intel HD Graphics on a separate part of the laptop chipset.

If you earn a living doing 3D design and analysis and your applications support multi-core, multi-threaded CPUS it's probably worth your money to upgrade to the quad core. 4 cores, 8 threads vs 2 cores and 4 threads. There is also a chance the faster dual core CPU will be better suited to your software. Be sure to check that out.
  2. Wont you need a dedicated workstation gpu (quadro or fire gl) making either integrated solution useless ?

The 32nm core and .5Ghz clockspeed boost would be they way to go since in your case time really is money,
  3. popatim said:
    Wont you need a dedicated workstation gpu (quadro or fire gl) making either integrated solution useless ?

For some, that would be a yes if they can use the gpu, but for most no.
  4. 720qm is the best choice for most probably anything, be it compared to an i5 540m or i7 620m, but i7 720qm is future-ready and will have great respect at least till 3 yrs.
  5. Lakshya said:
    720qm is the best choice for most probably anything, be it compared to an i5 540m or i7 620m, but i7 720qm is future-ready and will have great respect at least till 3 yrs.

Kinda late to the party, arnt yea? :whistle:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Intel