Buying Old Stock LCD Monitor-Good Idea?

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I have got a Benq LCD Monitor today its manufacturing date is Nov 2014.But the manufacturer on the website says the warranty is from

39 months from the date of manufacturing or 36 months from the date of
invoice (POP) whichever is earlier
I still have the return window open.The monitor seems to work fine.Should i return this? Why does the manufacturer insist on dates ?

Solution
It's normal when you buy parts like those to have warranties on them. It makes it easier if you RMA the product.

If the monitor works fine and you don't notice any issues with it and it works with what you need it to, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I would call to confirm if the 36 month deal is a warranty or not.

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
It's normal when you buy parts like those to have warranties on them. It makes it easier if you RMA the product.

If the monitor works fine and you don't notice any issues with it and it works with what you need it to, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I would call to confirm if the 36 month deal is a warranty or not.

Solution

maverick121

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

The monitor has some dancing pixels .. and turned off and on sometimes.I just reconnected the HDMI cable and it was fixed.
I had asked the manufacturer about this and they said that they will honour the warranty from purchasing date.Hope its okay this way.Even if i get a new monitor it will be manufactured in mid 2015.. not much difference as this one was imported on December 2015.

I will see if this issue reoccurs.Hope such stuff is normal when buying hardware.

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Dancing pixels may have been from an unstable cable connection, yeah. But if that's the only issue you're having then it sounds like you're good to go.

Let us know if we can help further and don't forget to hit best answer!