Capcom Makes Improvements To 'Street Fighter V,' Some Issues Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy_5_

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
No Blanka or E Honda is a massive fail to start with! Even if some characters have similar fighting styles it's no excuse not to have the full roster of characters, people have favorite characters especially in fighting games, it's a smack in the face not having them all in the game, it does not detract from the game in any way including them. Just greedy money grabbing devs with no doubt the missing characters being dlc sadly.

Marko Ravnjak

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
It also quite sad that PC games in 2016 don't have proper input support/customization. It really isn't THAT hard to implement it...

Nossy

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2005
Cheap. No Story Mode, so why not just put all the characters in ever invented? Oh wait, you need the season pass. I stop buying games at full price...which is essentially $90. $60 is a half-baked game if even.

If you are not going to EVO, just wait for bargain bin...if even.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
it's working perfectly fine, just did 70 matches today on ps4 and about 40 matches on pc.

input support? i'm using both a ps3 and ps4 controller. they work perfectly fine if you know how to search on google.

who gives a shit about story mode. this game is meant to be played PVP.

you all probably suck.

"Street Fighter V features a cinematic story mode that serves to bridge the gap between Street Fighter III and Street Fighter IV, with M. Bison and Shadaloo playing a pivotal role in its events. The arcade mode endings for each character will set up their role in the main story."

"Street Fighter V features a cinematic story mode that serves to bridge the gap between Street Fighter III and Street Fighter IV, with M. Bison and Shadaloo playing a pivotal role in its events. The arcade mode endings for each character will set up their role in the main story."

I liked it better back in the early days of gaming where there were no patches or updates. When a game shipped it had to be working because that was the final product. Today, game and software makers are lazy. With a.. "We'll patch it later" attitude. Capcom had no choice but to finish it's games for early consoles like Super Nintendo because they knew no patches or updates would be possible. Today the same is not true, poorly working and non functional games are being sold.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009

back then there was no internet for everyone to be crying.

lets take street fighter 2 as an example. one of the greatest games ever made, it revolutionized fighting PVP games.

do you know the game was full of glitches?

Guile's invisible throw, guiles arcade machine freeze to name a few. i got kicked out of arcades for doing these.

mortal kombat (the very frist one): johnny cage triple head fatality (not game breaking, but funny nonetheless).

Killer instinct (the very first one) infinite combos (eyedoll and cinder)

with the advent of the internet everyone just jumps on the bandwagon these days. even the smallest of glitches get huge exposure.
just saying, game glitches nothing new.

Davinlevey

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Throwing more characters at a games launch means a slower launch for balancing purposes. Capcom has been fairly good about keeping their game balanced over the last decade, so having a smaller roster at first shouldn't be devastating. The story mode thing.. Nothing to say about that. It's Street Fighter, not Final Fantasy.

The Internet allows for hotfixes and bug fixes just like Nycalex mentioned. There is far more good than bad, game launches like this have little impact on the long term.

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
I'm playing at 4k resolution with a GTX 970 and i7-4790. The game looks like it's playing in slow motion which I actually don't mind too much since I'm not a competitive player but I'm sure it would drive other people crazy.

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009

i'm playing @ 1440p on a single 970 with i5 2500k @ 4.5 with gsync turned on. getting about 40~60fps. very playable.

only thing i can't do consistently is v-system combo continuations with ken. i can do them perfectly fine on PS4.

my pc version at that resolution has a slight input lag.

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

4K is fine for a number of current titles. I do have to settle for turning down some effects and options but that's to be expected. Mortal Kombat X runs lag free at 4k with every option maxed out. I can scale the settings or resolution down on SFV if I want to but I was just surprised that SFV made my GPU struggle since the graphics aren't really that fantastic.

Davinlevey

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
The real question is do you see a difference? Most current titles won't run on my fury at better than 30-40fps at 4K, older titles maybe. Tone it down to 1080p and see if the fidelity is even noticeable. I believe that 60-100fps will look much better in a game with such simple textures.

groundhogdaze

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

There's a slight jagginess to the images when I'm running games at 1080p, that's the main reason I try to run a game at 4k first and back off as needed.

Davinlevey

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
For sure, but try it on street fighter specifically. I only recently noticed that my SF4 was set to 720p by default for years when I was installing my newest gpu.

El Fuerte and Hugo user here... so Mika was a no brainer. To people complaining about the lack of characters, for once we are having an original set of characters, just try a new one and move on.

It also quite sad that PC games in 2016 don't have proper input support/customization. It really isn't THAT hard to implement it...

Totally agree... this release is a joke especially for 60$. However I found a good 360 Controller Emulation software called xbox360CE. This is the reason why I will always be a PC gamer, because I can do whatever I want even if devs screw up big time.

The game is really fun, it's just the whole GUI, drivers and misconceptions that piss me off. When you get in a match, all this doesn't matter... but yeah, Capcom piss me off.

We have a clown in town... Legacy controllers are not supported in both version. You can only use them with controller emulation software. Keep talking...

SFV is not balanced at all. Some characters are really strongers than others. Nash and Rashid are a good example especially that SFV is a chain combo spamming contest. on wakeups.

Status
Not open for further replies.