Blue Screen of Death when i try to play Rust in steam

Wilted Slag

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hi so i play this game on steam called Rust and it uses EasyAntiCheat to help with cheaters i guess, but everytime i try to run the game now i get that BSOD and it's REALLY annoying. I have ran lots of scans (Including memory) and found no errors. I even did a system restore which also didn't work and i have also uninstalled both the game and EasyAntiCheat and still get the blue screen. :l Here is some info that might be helpful PLease help me out if you can!

ALSO i did some things that might have to something to do why this is happening? Like i used adwcleaner while in safe mode and deleted everything that showed up and i deleted a lot of files and some might have been fromt he registry. I would type say like "avg" in the windows explorer (i was trying to delete all files associated with avgfree antivirus) and would delete anything that came up.

==================================================
Dump File : 021516-27750-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2/15/2016 4:44:29 PM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : fffff802`bba42000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : fffff801`0547feda
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+142480
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+142480
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021516-27750-01.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 10586
Dump File Size : 280,732
Dump File Time : 2/15/2016 4:47:05 PM
==================================================

Solution

1) Did you clean install the drivers like I told you days ago? If not, do that first.
2) If you do "reset" the computer, you have two options:
a) Reformat the disk and reinstall, that deletes EVERYTHING, but will save you if it's a virus
b) Reinstall Windows in place, that doesn't delete anything but Windows, but you'll have to reinstall all your software and drivers
1) Don't post this crap unless someone asks for it
2) You were running Bioshock, Rome Total War, AND Rust all at the same time
3) The error you stated is usually a driver issue, and all you need to do is clean install the driver
4) If it's not a driver issue, it's likely to do with 2) and the games not playing fair with each other
5) Get rid of java, you're running an older version that's vulnerable to hacking/viruses

Wilted Slag

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
I wasn't running all three at the same time? if it says that then that's a problem because i definitely have never done that lmao and okay i'll try the other things but one question. Do i just delete ntoskrnl.exe ?

Do that and your computer will need to be reformatted! NEVER TOUCH THAT FILE!

Like I said, just reinstall your graphics drivers, using a clean install option.

Wilted Slag

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
What do you mean by clean install option and i just realized that ntoskrnl has to be messed up because i get 100% disk space all the time and the thing that's causing it is system and compressed memory so i clicked on the options and it showed that it's the ntoskrnl file thing which is the driver that is messing up when i play rust

DO NOT CHANGE THAT FILE OR EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. That right there is the "real" OS, every call you make that goes to low level Windows functions goes through that, so if your programs are causing problems that program will be affected (if your games are writing and deleting virtual files many times a second, you could end up getting what you describe).

For now, open an administrator command prompt and run sfc /scannow to see if you can correct any corruptions. After that, clean install your drivers (http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html , you should ALWAYS read the stickies before asking questions), and you should have a working computer.

Looks like you can get those errors if something is corrupt. Just have to figure out what!

I would uninstall your Java anyway it looks like it's out of date.

Uninstall ALL versions if there's more than one, and if theyre older than 8 update 73

Does Steam need Java? I dont know I dont use either.

If it's stuffed, (and if Steam uses it), then the Steam games will probably crash, or something

Wilted Slag

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Do you think resetting my pc and deleting all files would fix this? Would it remove my drivers and stuff? Also i should have the most up to date version of java. Idk if it's just showing old versions but i don't see any in my programs and features and i just downloaded the newest one fromt he website yesterday

If you reset it it'll remove what you installed. And it may or will remove the drivers you installed

Altho resetting doesnt always work. I havent done it myself tho. But if I did, I would rather do a clean install.

If windows isn't preinstalled, I would do a clean install

1) Did you clean install the drivers like I told you days ago? If not, do that first.
2) If you do "reset" the computer, you have two options:
a) Reformat the disk and reinstall, that deletes EVERYTHING, but will save you if it's a virus
b) Reinstall Windows in place, that doesn't delete anything but Windows, but you'll have to reinstall all your software and drivers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS