RAM Troubleshooting/Purchase Advice?

Red_Viper_Martell

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hi Folks,

My RAM was being flaky (didn't like booting with the XMP profile) so I loaded up MemTest86+ and gave it a spin. Long story short, 12h of running my RAM in SPD mode fried something. By the time I looked, there was nothing on the screen and my computer hasn't gotten through POST since.

Update: Corsair approved my RMA within 30 seconds, so, assuming the RAM was the problem, problem solved.
I hope this is just the RAM and I'll be doing the Four Slot Tango this weekend, but my computer's gettin' on in years and I recently installed a new PSU and a watercooling kit (it hasn't leaked, I did check), and I don't know if any of that could be responsible. All advice is appreciated, my thoughts are

1) Most likely dead RAM - C'mon, CORSAIR don't do this to me.
2) Can a bad PSU be at fault? The computer had 4 days of up time after the PSU was installed with no issue, except that Windows refused to power off after shut down.
3) The CPU never went over 40 °C so I'm fairly confident I didn't mess up the waterblock installation, but is there a good way to test the memory controller and/or the motherboard DIMM slots?
4) I'm assuming I didn't lose all of my quad channel kit, but I'm hesitant to mix in new DIMM's. Thoughts?
5) If I do have to buy a new DDR3 RAM set, what would you recommend?

Current Build:
Intel i7 3770-K
Asus P8z77v - LE PLUS
2x GTX 680
16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 RAM