windows 10 firewall keeps turning itself ON how to stop it

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I don't need that windows firewall
as I have bitdefender total security
when first installed bitdefender it shut down windows firewall
and it keep off even after restart
but SOME games after I run them and then restart windows firewall will turn itself on again
how o stop it ?
I shut it down from control panel but after running SOME GAMES it will turn itself on again
it happened with only some kind of games .

Solution
Hello sosolola

You can disable the Windows Firewall from the Services window. To do so:

> In the Cortana search bar, type SERVICES.MSC.

> Click the Services option that appears in the suggestion list.

> From the opened Services window, from the right pane, double-click the Windows Firewall service.

> On the Windows Firewall Properties box, ensure that you are on the General tab.

> Click the Stop button from under the Service status label and click Apply. (Accept any prompt or confirmation that/if appears to stop any dependencies.)

> After this, choose Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list and click Apply again.

> Click OK and...
Hello sosolola

You can disable the Windows Firewall from the Services window. To do so:

> In the Cortana search bar, type SERVICES.MSC.

> Click the Services option that appears in the suggestion list.

> From the opened Services window, from the right pane, double-click the Windows Firewall service.

> On the Windows Firewall Properties box, ensure that you are on the General tab.

> Click the Stop button from under the Service status label and click Apply. (Accept any prompt or confirmation that/if appears to stop any dependencies.)

> After this, choose Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list and click Apply again.

> Click OK and close all the opened boxes.

> Restart the computer and see if this keeps Windows Firewall from turning on automatically.

Also, here you can find a few other methods to turn Windows Firewall off. You may want to give them a try if the above solution doesn't work for you.

Feel free to report back if any further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution