32" Vizio Plasma TV as computer Monitor...?

Blalack77

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I know similar questions have been asked a million times but I simply cannot find the exact information I need - I've been searching and playing with settings for days and days and my head is killing me --

My TV:
32" Vizio Plasma VP322

Video Card:
Radeon HD 7850

The Main Problem:
Text is utter crap! I cannot easily read text on any resolution/color/setting adjustment combo... This is a problem I've seen a million times in my searches, but I haven't found a good solution. The TV's native resolution is 1024x720. Right now my resolution is set to 1920x1080. Please forgive the lack of details, but I am literally sick of messing with this at the moment. I realize that I'm not going to achieve wonderful quality with this TV but I would like to be able to more easily discern text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

Ironarmygeneral

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2015

You probably will not be able to fix it. TVs are not made to be used as everyday computer monitors. That's why computers have monitors that go with them and not TVs. Try upping sharpness a bit. If that doesn't help, use a VGA cable as the input on the back of the TV (if there is one) where it says 'PC' or 'PC Input'. Or something like that. That port should be more optimized to display a PC display. Also, TRY setting it back to 720p (native res) so that the scaling is at default.

Solution

Blalack77

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Well it isn't pretty - hell, it's even a little obnoxiously blown up, but using a 720p resolution made text perfectly legible. Thanks for the help and I'll mark your answer as best if I can figure that out...lol