Updating windows, your PC will restart several times.

stanleymanley123

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Is the message that Im getting. From my experience, this message displays when you upgrade to Windows 10, but I have already upgraded a few months back. I turned on my computer and I get this updating screen. Is this normal?

Solution

Just let it run. Do NOT interrupt while it is doing its thing.

When did you Upgrade the first time? Before November? If so, that is what this is doing.

USAFRet

Titan

Are you possibly updating to the 10586 build that was released in November? That was a major upgrade, and showed that message.

USAFRet

Titan

Just let it run. Do NOT interrupt while it is doing its thing.

When did you Upgrade the first time? Before November? If so, that is what this is doing.

Solution

The update USAFRet is referring to came as a regular update to me and it gave that message. Took my Windows 10 system (not my main system) about 30 minutes to finish. This was about a week ago.

Check your programs after it's finished, after the upgrade I found some missing. For me it removed CPU-z, HWMonitor, Logitech Setpoint and Battle.net.

USAFRet

Titan

Just like when it was initially released in July, not everyone got it on day one.
Your system is just now catching up.

After it is all done, open an admin command prompt and type in winver.
It should say "Version 1511 (OS build 10586.104)"

ian_66

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Hi, by any chance how long did it take u? Mine is been like that for about 5hours and just 12% my pm is brand new and last week I update it to windows 10 not sure why is it taking so long, thanks