BCD Error But HDD works on other Computer?

drak24

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Having this crazy problem, no clue on what to do as I've been at it for over 2 days now.

My cousin was using my computer when he dropped the keyboard and it unexpectedly shut down. noticed it would seem like it was booting then shut back off, so I held down the power to turn it completely off. Turned it on, gives me the error that the digital signature for winload.exe couldn't be verified, tried to go to advanced options, etc.. it would just loop me into that screen again. Tried booting from a windows CD, pc doesn't pay it any attention and goes straight to the error. I select it to boot to it and it pays it no mind once again, configure it in the bios, no dice. Decided to try making a bootable flash, tested it on a laptop, it works. Bring it to my pc, the pc attempts to boot to it, loads up a sky blue window with white flashing curser, that flashes for a few minutes then reboots. Great... Burned Hiren's boot disc. Boots to that perfectly fine, tried a number of things from fixmbr, virus scans, etc.. still a problem.

Decide to take the HDD out, connect to the laptop to run startup repair from the USB I made, HDD boots up fine to the laptop, no errors. Put it back into the PC, BCD error 0xc000000f. Idk what to look for or do anymore. I logged into the HDD fine while connected to the laptop so there shouldn't be a problem with the bootmgr. Went back into the PC's bios, checked everything, nothing seems off, restored defaults, that didn't help. Disconnected all other HDDs, removed one out of 4 sticks of ram just for the hell of it, tried connecting different sata cables, still gives the error. At this point I just have a migraine. I'm a video editor and I really don't wanna go through the trouble of re-installing plugins and the multitude of programs/vsts I've accumulated all over again, especially when the HDD seems fine when connected to another device. Any advice or help anyone?

My system:
Gigabyte Mobo
Windows 10 Pro
24GB Ram
4 HDDs
Nvidia GeForce 650Ti
i7 @ 3.6ghz

Solution
Smh... Fixed it. Pc wouldn't boot to Windows install on usb because the was a second monitor connected to my pc. Once I disconnected, I was able to boot the usb, do startup repair and fix the issue. 2 days because of a monitor lol... Le sigh

drak24

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Smh... Fixed it. Pc wouldn't boot to Windows install on usb because the was a second monitor connected to my pc. Once I disconnected, I was able to boot the usb, do startup repair and fix the issue. 2 days because of a monitor lol... Le sigh

Solution

TRENDING THREADS