WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD on ASUS Laptop

andreescajeda

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
I got a problem with a laptop that my brother gave me. It's an Asus N56VJ and he told me that it had a water spill years ago and he dried and took it for service to clean it and everything. Everything was just fine, but when he tried the laptop again it wasn't responding, sometimes he had to press down the power button like 1 second to turn on the laptop, and when the laptop turned on it took time to load Windows 8.1 and the system keeped crashing time after time, sometimes were the WHEA BSOD, or sometimes it freezed like forever and other times the screen fade black and showed on the left side blinking dots of RGB colors, obviously with the computer freezed. The time passed (like 1 day, lol) and the HDD didn't boot up. Well... that seem strange so I used another functional HDD with Windows 10 (actually my current HDD) and put it on to the ASUS. I changed some options of the BIOS because it didn't wanted to boot up and I did it, the system booted up on the ASUS and everything was working until 45 minutes... WHEA BSOD. I was just like what? I'm gonna change the RAM slots, did it and same story (it was the BSOD or the black screen with dots). Finally I thought maybe it was a faulty processor, so I took it off from the MOBO (it was an i5 3rd gen) and changed it for an i7-3040QM, change the thermal paste and put it back all over. When I turned on the laptop it was working like a brand-new but it keeps displaying or the BSOD or the black screen and well, I'm like giving up because everything just look fine, I used a working HDD (which I installed the drivers from the ASUS), a working pair or RAMs and a working i7. Do you know what can be the problem? Fan is working and everything just look fine. I'd hope it can be a solution and it wouldn't be a faulty MOBO. (Sorry for my English btw, no native American...)

P. S. The press one second problem was done but another problem was in the BIOS, sometimes it freezes and I have to restart from turning off the laptop.

Solution
So you've got an OS running with alot of the wrong drivers and you're wondering why its crashing?
Step one would be a complete reinstall of the OS and drivers IMO.