monitor va vs ips

mihgeo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
hi all and i happy to write again to this sites...(sory bad english)

i want to buy monitor 21,5inch(60hz cheap model) i view many models va and ips with 4 and 5ms.
the monitor i want to use for gaming, movie and read text .the price is same va vs. ips.

who is good chose?

va monitors are nearly at the ips viewing angles. and with that said, not all ips monitors have perfect viewing angles, thats a myth. due to the amount of defects in ips, va is the better choice both for contrast, and color accuracy. in terms of response time, theyre equal, theyre no different than a 1 ms 60 hz monitor in real world use.

mihgeo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
hi suzuky i.am confused i read this:http://
i read: ips good colors but bad contrast,va good contrast but not more color(vs,ips)
you tell me: va more color accuracy vs ips not undeasteand??

Super-IPS S-IPS 1998.

the article appears to be many years old.

Advanced High Performance IPS AH-IPS 2011

is what manufacturers are pushing today in all modern monitors that are ips made and not pls, etc, samsung they have their own type.

outdated article. i look at most monitors, and often times i cant tell the difference. its when you see things that must display black such as the black bars encoded in the master of a blu-ray disc you start noticing the difference today. the shadow detail isnt as bad as it used to be with ips monitors, but contrast is still lacking. viewing angles depends on monitor. the one to get right now is the gw2470h, fantastic value.

mihgeo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

pff only view colors for play movie(and my home zone only market expose two monitors i buy from net).... but in market logic not test game for:ghost,blending etc
which is good balance for game and movie VA or IPS?ask comunity who test both monitors.

i would follow geofelts advise on that one. nobody can tell you what you should like. some people dont like blacks being pitch black or close to it, for instance after they turn off the lights in the room. but then some also love that, so try one out at a store. make sure to restore the monitor back to default, its likely better than full brightness + blue tint which stores often use to catch customers attention.