Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHZ 4 CPUs
NVIDIA GeForce 750 GTX Ti, Integrated RAMDAC, 4040 MB memory
16 GB of RAM

My Monitors:
MAIN: Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
SECONDARY: Dell D2015HM 19.5" Screen LED-Lit Monitor
(Both monitors are 1920 x 1080)

The Problem:
I recently ordered a second monitor for my rig, as I was told the 750 GTX would have no problem handling two monitors. I have my Acer plugged into the DVI port of the 750 GTX, and the Dell plugged into the VGA port of the 750 GTX. I don't intend for the secondary monitor to do any heavy lifting or run any games, it's mostly so I can keep tabs on social media/streams while I game. When I have the resolution set to "Duplicate Display", both monitors work fine. However, upon selecting "Extend Display", there is a notable drop in frame rate, even when I don't have any games running. And in fact, both monitors went blank at one point, only to refresh moments later, with an alert popping up telling me that the video card had stopped running, but had recovered. This has never happened with just my main monitor connected.

Solution
Fps drops are relatively normal with gpus around the price ranger of 750/TI'S, fps drops with 2+ monitors are most noticable on intergrated gpus. As you are making it render another screen. Also, try isolating the problem by seeing if the second monitor works fine without the main one plugged in and try different port etc. Try updating drivers from NVIDIAS website and see if there are any settings you can mess around with in the NVIDIA control panel.

LaserNinja11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Fps drops are relatively normal with gpus around the price ranger of 750/TI'S, fps drops with 2+ monitors are most noticable on intergrated gpus. As you are making it render another screen. Also, try isolating the problem by seeing if the second monitor works fine without the main one plugged in and try different port etc. Try updating drivers from NVIDIAS website and see if there are any settings you can mess around with in the NVIDIA control panel.

Solution