An older GPU or a newer one?

Baelee

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I'm currently running on a Geforce Gtx 750 Ti. I've found a Gtx 680 for $150 but I'm not sure if I should get this or save my money and get something like a 970. I'm in no hurry to upgrade but the price price of the 680 is tempting. Should I go for the older gpu since its cheaper now or wait and get something newer?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd wait. The new gpu series is right around the corner, which will drop prices on the 970, and there's always ppl who must have the latest n greatest so will put their 970/980 up for sale so you may get a 970 for $150 or less.

Epicness937

Honorable
BANNED
the new pascal gpus are coming out in a few months then you may be able to get your hands on a cheap 960 or 970 the 980 and 980 ti most likely wont go down in price for a while

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With the 980ti out, and selling, the 980 has been bypassed simply because the price is too high to warrant buying it over the cheaper 970 which is almost as good. With the release of pascal gpus, that card will probably drop in price or it'll basically not sell much at all

Epicness937

Honorable
BANNED

i would get a newer gpu if you cant find an older gpu with more than a 30% drop in the original price.