Black Screen After Boot Logo No Cursor

swordsx48

Honorable
Apr 30, 2015
Hi, here is my journey. All was good and well, until my Windows 7 on another drive gave me an NTOSKRNL.EXE error (fixed now). My Windows 10 booted fine at this point, but after entering my password, it was stuck on "logging in" for quite some time. I forced a reboot, and then I was stuck in the "Performing Automatic Repair" loop. I eventually got out of this, only to be greeted by a "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" BSOD. After replacing files from RegBack, I managed to get it to boot, but now I just see a black screen with no cursor. I've tried logging in and I had Chrome Remote Desktop but that didn't work either.
It's really not okay for Windows to just mess up randomly. The NTOSKRNL error from the other drive COULDN'T have caused this problem.
Please help me out! I hate reinstalling so much. It's one of the biggest wastes of time.

Lutfij

Titan
It's true that reinstalling the OS is a tedious and time consuming effort though compared to every other suggestion they may not be a guarantee fix for the new platform especially considering that Windows 10 is very nitpicky about it's environments and more so if you try tweaking its underlying architecture via CMD or powershell. That being said if you're constantly seeing an issue with your dual boot system after reinstalling your Windows 10 OS then there may be an issue in your installer to begin with or there is an issue cropping up in Windows 10 whereby your OS files are being corrupted. The latter can happen irrespective of malware as the mandatory windows update can and will most often break the OS.

You may give repair install a shot for your Windows 10 installation but in retrospect it'd be best if you recreated your bootable USB installer. You may also want to turn off the automatic device driver update feature in case a driver is causing this mess up. Lastly, please pass on your full system specs.