what happen to old windows.old files when installing new win plz help!!!

xxxhomie21

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
yesterday my laptop started crashing becoz of corrupted win 10 installation
so decided to install new win over it so that I can access my documents present in windows.old folder but during installation a power failure was occurred after which it tells me to reinstall or restart the windows installation (the installation is at getting ready part)

so my problem is if I again try to install new windows
the new windows.old folder will be made does it will delete the previous windows.old folder which contains my precious data and documents

if yes what should I do to save my documents

plz help guyz !!

Solution

Then set it back up they way it was before (move files back whatever) and then try again. I would still recommend backing it up in case windows eats itself and your data you have already had one close call.

OCD Tweaker

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
i ran into that same problem few months ago and im trying to remember but i had my OS on its own SSD and all my other files on another HDD just incase that happned. why wont you try to repair the installation in adavanced options

Yes it will basically copy over so data lose in a valid worry. On the other hand why on earth is your only copy of your data in the Windows.old folder? You should definitely have that at least copied over to a external drive or something.

Then set it back up they way it was before (move files back whatever) and then try again. I would still recommend backing it up in case windows eats itself and your data you have already had one close call.

Solution