I5 3570K temperature while gaming

DiabILIQue he

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015
As in title , i have i5 3570K overclocked , hm well not by me cause i have on my motherboard OC Genie II , anyway my processor is at 4.2 Ghz with this cooler https://www.silentiumpc.com/en/fera-2-he1224/ , while gaming temperature is about 75-82 degrees . Is it fine or i should change it back to stock speed ?

That's not too high, I'm not sure why it's so warm, maybe see what temps you get at stock settings.

DiabILIQue he

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015

at stock speed its max 72 degrees

That's a better temp, but it's still a bit high for stock settings and an aftermarket cooler. What is your ambient temperature and do your temps drop if you take the side panel off?

DiabILIQue he

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015

ok i took off side panel and its almost same , maybe 1-2 degrees difference , about ambient we have winter and its about 20-24 degrees

I'd recommend reapplying the thermal paste and reseating the cooler but 72c isn't harmful so you could leave it but under max load (stress testing, rendering etc.) you will probably hit unsafe temperatures.

DiabILIQue he

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015
ok i did what you said , i changed paste , i washed cooler and i arranged cables (this from myself) , and wow i did stress test again in prime95 , max temperature was 58 degrees , i was trying this for example in witcher 3 and while playing i had 48-55 degrees , ofc everything on stock speed

That's better, good job :)

DiabILIQue he

Honorable
Mar 24, 2015
yea man thank you for advices , it helped a lot , now i overclocked cpu with oc genie II again and max temperature is 62 degrees , again thanks , i appreciate your help

Glad I could help :) If you could select a best answer so anyone with the same problem can get ideas faster, that would be great.

TRENDING THREADS