New Monitor Suggestions?

RockyPlays

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
I am currently using this Acer monitor that I got at microcenter for $140 http://www.microcenter.com/product/440165/G246HYL_24_1080p_Widescreen_LED_IPS_Monitor It has one dead pixel and only tilts, but besides that it has been a pretty nice display. I still feel though I am missing something though. My R9 390 is having no trouble running games on this display and I really want to get the most out of my computer. I have spent a lot of time thinking about which monitor to get. I have looked at the 2560x1440p 144hz displays, but they are just too expensive for me and I feel like my gpu is not good enough for that. I have looked at the Qnix QX2710 overclockable displays which are very tempting because they are only $220 on Ebay, but the stand lacks any real adjustments and my current monitor oftens hurts my neck because I am unable to change the height.

I then thought, why not get a 144hz TN 1080p monitor with a nice stand and thus found the Asus and BenQ models which look very nice. I also found the Nixeus model which has Freesync http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-1920x1080-Adaptive-Sync-Widescreen-NX-VUE24A/dp/B0131PBN6U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1456268762&sr=1-1&keywords=nixeus+vue+24+1920x1080+144hz However, I don't like the idea of staying at 1080p since I got this gpu in the hope of hopping up to 1440p and I also like the idea of having an ips panel.

Sorry for kinda rambling on, but hopefully you see where I am having trouble deciding what to get and can give me some guidance here. My goal is too spend little more than $200 but I know that is not likely to happen and thus my Budget for you all is under $300. Thanks for the help. :)

PS: I would like it to have a VESA mount. And size doesn't really matter to me.
PPS: I am into gaming and spend a lot of time gaming and a faster refresh rate would be nice, but I really like a very good looking monitor as well and that is why the higher resolution is very appealing to me.

Solution
Unless you have a bigger budget to spend on a better graphics card and decent 1440p screen I would stick with 1080p gaming, otherwise you might find that you have a worst playable experience than before. The benq and asus monitors you mentioned would be perfectly fine. If you can up for a free sync monitor you may also find the gameplay improve alongside the higher refresh rates.

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
Unless you have a bigger budget to spend on a better graphics card and decent 1440p screen I would stick with 1080p gaming, otherwise you might find that you have a worst playable experience than before. The benq and asus monitors you mentioned would be perfectly fine. If you can up for a free sync monitor you may also find the gameplay improve alongside the higher refresh rates.

Solution

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
Benq are obviously great monitors but the one you have selected has good reveiws and 3 years warranty. The colours will be better on the benq but the nixeus has the free-sync. It could be worth a shot and send it back if you are unhappy with it.

TRENDING THREADS