Intel Is Making A VR HMD, Too, Sort Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Would one of you insiders please get NVidia to go on record regarding 3d Vision and why their list of supported games is so disgustingly meager? Have they just abandoned it, or what? I think that information would be useful in interpreting the nauseating amount of VR hype.

3D Vision support is similar to SLI or Crossfire. The developer has to support it first for it to be possible. Number of dual cards on the market? Miniscule. Number of 3D Vision kits out there? Even less.

The answer you're looking for comes later this year with VR units shipped and in peoples' hands.

Would one of you insiders please get NVidia to go on record regarding 3d Vision and why their list of supported games is so disgustingly meager? Have they just abandoned it, or what? I think that information would be useful in interpreting the nauseating amount of VR hype.

Nvidia have literally said nothing about 3d vision is so long, it's definitely safe to assume it's dead. That's the problem with Nvidia's propriety tech, once they loose interest in it it's worthless.

CerianK

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I'm no expert, but it seems there is a difference between 3D Vision Ready (46 games/demos at 5 stars) and merely 3D Vision compatible (hundreds at 4 stars or less):
"NVIDIA 3D Vision® automatically transforms hundreds of PC games into full 3D right out of the box".
List is here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-games.html

Many of the list entries are older, but quantity seems fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.