I have an i7 4770. Will this beome a bottleneck to my system when new GPU's arrive?

David_244

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Sorry if this is a silly question :3 I'm concerned that the speed of my CPU isn't going to be sufficient enough for playing games on High > going forward after seeing the system specifications for games like Quantum Break and Gears of War Ultimate. I would like to get a pascal gtx '80 or '80ti when they are released, but worry that my cpu speed will be a bottleneck.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Don't worry about it. The Core i7-4770 is more than capable of handling all future GPUs for a very long time. That and since Nvidia GPUs tend to not be as CPU-intensive as AMD GPUs are, there will not be any problems.

Waffleholics

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016

bottlenecking will NOT be an issue.the i7 is more than capable of handling pascal gpus.It will definetly not bottleneck,but it may hold the gpu back a little bit compared to skylake i7s,but there probably won't be a noticable difference.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
Most of the time, the "bottleneck" thing is just something people say online without much understanding of what it means. Long story short, most likely you won't have a bottleneck. It's something that will vary between different games and NOBODY can assure you that it's going to be a bottleneck or not. But the truth is that most games are not that demanding in terms of CPU power. Open world games like Skyrim or GTA V are more affected by CPU, but shooters most of the time will not be very CPU intensive.

Waffleholics

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016

This.Most people just don't know what bottlenecking is.Here,i'l link a vid regarding how to actually bottleneck a gpu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAgpvWc4VBM