Has anyone noticed certain websites only coming up as Comic Sans??

rombom

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I have noticed all multiple web browser pulling up certain websites with a weird font that looks like comic sans. it only happens on certain sites but happens on two different computers. I have no idea what is going on. but,I reinstalled my browsers and I have reset my network equipment and reinstalled network drivers. I checked for any recent windos updates that might explain this and cannot find any. I think I will contact Centurylink next

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
you are on the wrong path my friend, this has nothing to do with centurylink, your network settings or network equipment.
this is a software issue on your end, most likely related to browser encoding settings, or windows language / theme settings.

rombom

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Is it possible that it is a browser add on Or some sort of web service filter mistake? I dont see any addons installed now that I have reinstalled browsers

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015

your problem is most likely related to browser encoding settings, or windows language / theme settings, also could be a virus / malware.

if you don't have any addons installed, then its not addons.

web service filter - i had to look up this term, still don't know exactly what you are talking about.

WardenWolf

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

I'm having this too! Only one website that I've noticed, but on every computer on my network no matter the OS (Win 7 and 10) or browser (Chrome, IE, Edge). I just switched to CenturyLink 1Gbps service recently, and the problem showed up shortly after that. I'm a pretty experienced computer user, and I've never seen or heard of anything like this before :/

WardenWolf

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

Sorry for the [very] late reply!

The website I have found to be affected is www.pugetsystems.com

That is the company I work for, and on every other network / computer I've used (including my home computers when on Comcast, prior to switching to CL gigabit fiber) it displays in a normal, formal-looking font... though I can't recall what one of the top of my head.