Acer K202HQL Resolution Issue

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
My resolution cuts off at the left hand side of the screen and it is at native resolution cuts off back arrow in chrome please help! Just built my new pc with windows 10 from my friend and its acting weird with the resoultion

Solution
That last link I posted sounds like exactly the same problem you are having and has been marked resolved so I hope that by reading it you get the problem fixed. Good luck.

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

I didn't mean to select that as best answer please mods answer my prayer

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

also I ran a game at that resolution and it looked fine but automatically when I load it up its at a weird resolution. I think its registering it at a different resolution that it says...

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

No not correctly the bottom bar is chopped off along with some of the left side but I can still access it but cannot see it. No it happens on windows too, but when I open a game it is fine with that 1600x900 resolution. I have updated my drivers also just updated windows and I checked for updates after that tried restarting and unplugging I am using a vga port my case has a mod to turn it into a dvi.

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
So you have a VGA input on the monitor only? And you have used a DVI output on your graphics card. And you have used a VGA to DVI- adaptor to connect the VGA cable to your card? You say you have updated the cards drivers to latest one (GEFORCE driver)? Your resolution is set to 1600x900 in windows?

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Well no my case has a vga to dvi port to connect the moniter the graphics card however I am confused about but yes I have updated drivers and that is my resolution.

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

I have to go to sleep for now its pretty late but I'll get back to you around 6:00 PST, thanks for helping just getting tired if you have any breaking ideas hit me up at @Smashed_Bomb on my twitter

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Ya I did but it didn't really help much it just made the right side cut off.. :/

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
I will post a link that should help you with what I think sounds like a scaling issue.

Also if you have the wrong setting on your monitors on screen display this can cause problems too. Each monitor is different in this respect.

Try reading and following the advice in the link below.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/512256/pc-components/adjust-video-size-scaling-on-screen-monitor/

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

I tried the options and most of them didn't make a difference except for the resize one but that only made the problem where i couldn't see my time

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

it kind of helped but I still cannot see my windows logo
UPDATE: Had to tweak around with it but it fits that I can see all text a little weird but its good on right hand side the logos and pictures I cannot see unfortunate, also I don't think this is normal I shouldn't have to do this its like it cannot fit correctly and I just got this computer built it would not actually buying windows have to do with it. My friend had a hard copy on a CD and it installed it for me. But I dont have CD key does that matter?

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Ok right before clicking on this I clicked on my moniter settings and then it just fixed it self I didn't even know what I was clicking and it said autoconfig/fix idk and then it went back to normal! Thank you so much! :)

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
Your query about the windows OS, shouldn't make a difference to this issue. You will however have to activate your windows with a valid product key I think within 30 days from the install date. :)

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Just fiddled with the buttons on the monitor got it working thanks for being so patient. Now I can rest peacefully thank you so much you just saved me from all non sense. I cannot thank you enough you solved it. Wow and it was so easy as pressing a button. :) Very Pleased! :bounce:

Sidney_52

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

Alright thanks for the heads up I'll have to get a cd-key from somewhere lol. Ttyl also if you ever wanna talk my skype is sid5203 :)