Can't see bios or Windows booting screen

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Hello everyone. I just had the worst nightmare of building my own gaming PC. It went nothing like I expected had to carry the whole PC and components to the shop around 5 times. Thing is I live in a developing Southeast Asian country so I had to travel far to the shop. After 5 trips I thought things went well but no. First I thought my power supply died since the PC refused to reboot found out I had to enable ram slot or something. The main issue now is I cant enter the bios screen. My mainboard is Gigabyte GAz170 HD3p DDR4, the screen is just blank and it just boot directly to the os which is windows 8.1 64 bit. My monitor is BenQ gl 2460, I tried connected with both HDMI and DVI none worked. I just want to enable interchangeable GPU since my CPU is i56600k which is more than capable for most things I dont want to solely use my R9 380 for everything. Is there any solution besides taking out the Mobo and reset the battery. Please tell me theres a way

Solution
Ok so there is no problem entering the bios. As for "enabling interchangeable gpu" I don't think there is any option to do this. Besides there is no reason to be afraid of the gpu's lifespan. A gpu's lifespan is reduced when it is working at 100% load for a very long time and with very high temperatures or in overclocking situations where voltages are exceeding the manufacturer's limits. I don't think you should be worried about that if you are operating your pc in internet browsing, programms, coding, gaming or in other words a normal pc usage.

Antonis117

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
This is probably caused because it passes the post screen very quick. I have a H81M-S2PV mobo and a Pentium G3420 doing the same thing. It is not a problem. If you want to enter bios when you hear the beep start hitting the "del" key on the keyboard until you enter. That is what I do.

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014

Thanks for the reply. Theres no beeping sound when the computer is booting it just says no signal then it boots directly to the OS.

Antonis117

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014

Perhaps because you did not install the speaker that came with the case or if you did you plugged it wrong. Look into that because it is important, and try hitting the delete key directly after you start the computer until you see the bios screen.

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014

When I connect it to the mainboard via VGA I can boot however with the GPU I can't. Is there a way to enable interchangeable GPU for desktop PC?

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014

I was able to enter bios when I connect it via the mainboard. What I meant was I want to use certain programs with the integrated GPU and only use heavy games with the dedicated GPU can I do that on desktop cause I have an MSI gaming laptop and only use the dedicated GPU for heavy games to save the lifespan of the dedicated GPU

Antonis117

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
Ok so there is no problem entering the bios. As for "enabling interchangeable gpu" I don't think there is any option to do this. Besides there is no reason to be afraid of the gpu's lifespan. A gpu's lifespan is reduced when it is working at 100% load for a very long time and with very high temperatures or in overclocking situations where voltages are exceeding the manufacturer's limits. I don't think you should be worried about that if you are operating your pc in internet browsing, programms, coding, gaming or in other words a normal pc usage.

Solution