If I installed windows 10 several months ago how can I go back to windows 8.1

Alesha_1

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I want to go back to windows 8.1 but I have waited to lomng and the 30 day trial is gone. How do I get back?

Solution
Legally, you can't. Your old license and product key has been "absorbed" by Win10 now. And after 30 days, Win10 deletes the old Win folder, so it can't be rolled back. You can try a clean install of Win8.1 and see what happens, but I suspect it will direct you to buy a new license.
May I ask why you'd want to go back to Win8.1 over Win10? I can see going back to Win7, I did that myself. But Win 8.1?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Legally, you can't. Your old license and product key has been "absorbed" by Win10 now. And after 30 days, Win10 deletes the old Win folder, so it can't be rolled back. You can try a clean install of Win8.1 and see what happens, but I suspect it will direct you to buy a new license.
May I ask why you'd want to go back to Win8.1 over Win10? I can see going back to Win7, I did that myself. But Win 8.1?

Solution

Alesha_1

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

I play a lot of Sims games and windows 10 is not approved for Sims. I just got Sims 4 and I cant even download it to my laptop because of Windows 10; so I want to go back and was trying to figure out a way. Thank you hopefully I can get it back.