Dual monitor displays VGA to DVI-I and DVI-D (Dual link)

ArmchairAce

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
OK, so here's the deal. I have a Radeon R9 200 series video card. Earlier last year I had two monitors, an LG flattron and an HP (Forgot which model).

They worked as dual displays. The HP already had the DVI-D dual link cable on both ends (no adapter needed) and my LG had a VGA to DVI-I adapter. However, during my move, one of my monitors broke, and I was left with a single solitary display, my LG.

Now I bought two monitors, an LG and an acer (I totally forgot the model even if I bought them literally last week. The were on clearance sale) and I simply cannot get them to work. I tried them individually, they're fine. I think something is wrong with my DVI-D dual link port... because even if I plug the monitor into it alone, it just doesn't recognize. I tried a DVI-I for one and an HDMI for the other, and I got nothing. I tried the DVI-D port with both a VGA to DVI and an HDMI to DVI and it still did not function at all.

I really want them to work together. Any ideas? They worked before.

Solution
Actually, scratch that. I don't know what happened... but I conneted my LG with the HDMI and the Acer to the DVI-I port and... it worked. I have no clue why it the reverse did not happen. But at any rate, I have both monitors working now. :)

ArmchairAce

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Actually, scratch that. I don't know what happened... but I conneted my LG with the HDMI and the Acer to the DVI-I port and... it worked. I have no clue why it the reverse did not happen. But at any rate, I have both monitors working now. :)

Solution