Red lines...how to reseat internal monitor connections?

tdonaghy2010

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
I have an Acer XB270HU and it's perfect...except for one problem. It will display red lines across the right half of the screen if there is no output. For example, in chrome they will not be visible as the background is white, but if the screen is dark, they are very clear. Here is an image of a dark background.

http://imgur.com/nHLF0zs

Now, if I apply pressure to the bottom right of the monitor near the power button, the lines will vanish, but not for long. They generally come back within a few minutes or sometimes an hour or so. This leads me to believe that there is a poor connection on one of the internal cables of the monitor. Does anyone have any experience reseating these connections themselves? I do not wish to RMA or replace the monitor, as it is perfect aside from this one issue, but I would like some guidance on the proper fix.

Solution
If you paid good money for the monitor, honestly just be patient and RMA it. The last thing you want to do is ruin your monitor further, void a warranty because you messed with it, and then you lose whatever money you put into it.

GrimThunder62

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
If you paid good money for the monitor, honestly just be patient and RMA it. The last thing you want to do is ruin your monitor further, void a warranty because you messed with it, and then you lose whatever money you put into it.

Solution