How do I record my 144hz monitor with my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition

Sinplex

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Before I start this post, I am quite new to this forum and I might have put this thread into the wrong category. Please move it to wherever it fits best. Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out how to record my PC games on my HD PVR 2. I have a computer that has a gtx 970 which provides the user with two dvi ports, three display ports, and one HDMI port. I currently use two monitors, one being an Asus VG248qe 144hz monitor which is plugged into my computer via dvi (so that I can take advantage of the 144hz aspect) and I have another Asus monitor that is only 60hz with a dvi cable plugged into my computer. My 144hz monitor is my main monitor that I use to game as well as being my desktop. I decided on using my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition capture device to capture my gameplay on my computer, so that it would not create lag or stress on my processor or graphics card.The HD PVR 2 has two HDMI ports in which you plug one HDMI cable into your computer and the other HDMI cable into the monitor/TV you wish to capture. The problem is when I start up my software that comes with the HD PVR 2 it creates a "third monitor" or "ghost monitor" in which I would have to drag my games or programs to that "monitor" to see them being recorded. Even though the HDMI cable is plugged into my main monitor it does not capture what I see as my desktop where I would be playing my games. I would be able to fix this by disabling my dvi connection from my main monitor to my computer and just using the HDMI connection from my computer to my pvr to my main monitor. However, HDMI cables only produce a max 60hz refresh rate so I would be losing the benefits of having a 144hz monitor. Now I could also plug my pvr into my secondary 60hz monitor to record, However I do not use that monitor to game on because 144hz is much more smoother to the eye. I also tried in the software to change the monitor it was recording, but I did not find any option to do so.

So through all that background information my question is:

How can I record my gameplay on my main monitor using my HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition while still being able to use the 144hz dvi connection to play the game?

Solution
SOLUTION: After reading other forums you can go to your display settings and merge the "Ghost monitor" with your main monitor so that they show the same things on both screens. I now can see my games on my main monitor as well as in my HD PVR capture software!

Sinplex

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
SOLUTION: After reading other forums you can go to your display settings and merge the "Ghost monitor" with your main monitor so that they show the same things on both screens. I now can see my games on my main monitor as well as in my HD PVR capture software!

Solution