My computer wont let me type the ! even with different keyboards. HELP!

tomshardwareltv

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
So since today I had issues logging on to my computer, because for some reason it wont let me type an exclamation mark (shift + 1)., and an exclamation mark is apart of my password to log onto my keyboard. I literally just purchased a very cheap keyboard to see if it was my keyboard that was malfunctioning, but it also turns out to be the same case for my new keyboard.

This is very annoying because my computer takes a huge part into my day to day life.

Solution
This is not a permanent fix but it's here that the onscreen keyboard is your best friend.

There should be an icon on the left of the login screen. Click on that and select Onscreen Keyboard from the list. At least it will allow you in so you can see the keyboard settings in Control panel and check if you would benefit from a new driver.
This is not a permanent fix but it's here that the onscreen keyboard is your best friend.

There should be an icon on the left of the login screen. Click on that and select Onscreen Keyboard from the list. At least it will allow you in so you can see the keyboard settings in Control panel and check if you would benefit from a new driver.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS