Home build desktop computer starts up in sleep mode

Joni__W

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
My home build computer begun going into sleep mode after sitting a spell. All functions for hibernation and sleep are off (through settings/advanced settings) and will not wake as, once it goes to sleep on its own... this had happened of the last two weeks.
This week, when I start it, it goes directly into sleep mode and of course, won't wake. I don't even get past the msi screen, nor is the keyboard or mouse operational.
My only option is to hit delete key while it boots, and it goes into the msi program. From there, I can exit and it continues start up.
I have replace the power box,
I am running Windows 10, and have been for months without issue.

How do I get this fixed, so it will start up normally?

Joni & Bill

Solution
By "replace power box" I assume you mean the computer's Power Supply?

I have to admit, that's a strange one (sleep on start)... You could try going into the BIOS and disabling the Sleep States. Look for the ACPI configuration in the BIOS and set it to disabled (should be under Advanced or Power Management).

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
By "replace power box" I assume you mean the computer's Power Supply?

I have to admit, that's a strange one (sleep on start)... You could try going into the BIOS and disabling the Sleep States. Look for the ACPI configuration in the BIOS and set it to disabled (should be under Advanced or Power Management).

Solution

Joni__W

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016
With all the searching I've done for this issue, yah... its a weird case. Yes I mean power supply. Tomorrow when I start my computer up, no doubt I'll have to go into the msi program that handles the Bios and look to disable it. It seems that I did look into that and didn't see it disabled today but, honestly... I don't know shi*t from applebutter about Bios so I didn't touch it. I'll do what you suggested and report back

Thanks!