My girlfriend needs a new 24" IPS Photo / Video editing monitor

Blarzor

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hello folks,
my girlfriend bought a new photo / video editing computer. Now she wants a 24" IPS display with best color reproduction for maximum price of 250€ (less preferably). She will play some games from time to time but the most important part for her is color accuracy. She wants 1920 x 1080 resolution, if possible with 5ms.

You guys have already helped me a lot in the past when you suggested Dell U2515H, I got it and I'm very happy with it! I believe you guys will give a great recommendation again. Thanks!

Edit: She said that she doesn't actually mind 2560x1440, if there is any decent display in that price range.

Solution
Any monitor will do. 99% buying accurate monitors don't let them display accurate colors. Find a VA monitor if she's working with a lot of night photography, and a IPS or PLS for daytime photography. There isn't any right or wrong here. I'm a photographer, there's something called a histogram and waveform in Adobe software. There's also white balance adjustment, you literally can't get digital photos wrong unless its really bad straight from camera, but camera RAW is non destructive editing and can even recover lost information in seconds...

Blarzor

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion, out of my price range though. :/

Any monitor will do. 99% buying accurate monitors don't let them display accurate colors. Find a VA monitor if she's working with a lot of night photography, and a IPS or PLS for daytime photography. There isn't any right or wrong here. I'm a photographer, there's something called a histogram and waveform in Adobe software. There's also white balance adjustment, you literally can't get digital photos wrong unless its really bad straight from camera, but camera RAW is non destructive editing and can even recover lost information in seconds...

Solution