AMD card not connecting to 3rd monitor

mystero3

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
I just got an asus r9 390x and I'm having monitor issuses. I have 2 hd monitors flanking a ultra wide monitor with my tv off to the side. I can only get 2 of the monitors to connect at any given time. If I try to plug in another monitor while its on, it shuts off the video out to all displays. I've stopped focusing on the tv at this point and I'm just focusing on the monitors. I'm using 2 displayport to hdmi to connect the hd monitors and a regular displayport cable to the ultrawide. I bought an active displayport to hdmi adapter from the site listed below because I would need it anyway and I still dont have any luck when I replace that with one of the displayport to hdmi cables. I never had this issue with NVidia and all the cables are new. I can get any 2 of the 3 monitors to work at a given time but not all of them. Please help!

http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-adapters

EthanW1

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Do you have another card? It sounds like you upgraded, do you have the old one? If so plug them both in and then try to run all three monitors. Maybe run the ultrawide off the 390x and the other two off the other card.

mystero3

Honorable
Aug 10, 2014
The other card is an NVidia so I can't do that to get eyefinity up and running. Regardless I finally got it to work. I guess the driver was corrupt or something on install because I loaded up a new SSD with a fresh install of windows and it worked after the driver install. As much fun as the displays are, next upgrade wont utilize gaming on 3 screens with different resolutions and I'm going back to NVidia