Concern over temperature

Hitty91

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Hi guys
I've always come to this forum for help when needed and i've always found a solution. Now I actually have to ask as the problem is slightly obscure ha
After recently installing some new upgrades I wanted to check my idle temp and general load temps. (mrs jumped onto world of warcraft for 20/30 minutes to jump in and out of areas with high activity)

GPU ran idle at 35 Celsius and peaked at 59
SSDs sat 26 Celsius regardless, and the HDD from 26 to 35
Now... here is the concern... CPU ran idle at a indicated 0 Celsius (according to open hardware monitor and coretemp) and after world of warcraft, it had peaked at just 12 Celsius.
I have since managed to get a load out peak temp of 21 Celsius running chrome (surprise) but nothing more, and only a peak temp.
The BIOS showed the CPU at 24/25 degrees... so conflicting information
I'm far from complaining, but is this right?

The list of upgrades is:
Corsair carbide case spec-03
8gb corsair vengance 1600mhz ddr3 ram
silverstone AR02 with 92mm fan
NZXT sentry mix 2 fan controller
kingston hyper x 120gb ssd
2 stock corsair 120mm fans that were supplied with case, 1 is a bottom intake, other is rear exhaust
2 corsair LED SP120 mounted as front intake
2 corsair AF120 mounted as top exhaust
a really good clean of the mobo with compressed air and some fresh thermal paste

Already installed was:
stock mobo from an acer aspire tc-105
AMD A10-6700 3.7ghz not overclocked
samsung evo 850 120gb ssd
640gb seagate hdd
Saphire Radeon R9 270 Dual X GPU
corsair 600w builder series

Any advice would be great!

Thanks a bunch!

(sorry for the long post.... here's a sexy potato)
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3572699320/6d1a27ec483fe44eb4cf5fe18913b2af.jpeg

QuickyTime

Honorable
Dec 27, 2014
Hello there,
It looks pretty clear that your not getting a accurate temp from the the various monitors your using,
i would suggest using AMD Overdrive and look at what your thermal margin is.

If your not sure what "thermal margin" is have a look at this thread http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html

What's the temperature in the room the PC is in? your idle temps should not be lower than the ambient room temp.

Hitty91

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Bios said ambient temp was 24 but in that room id say about 17/18 actual temp. I took the side off and it was very cold inside the case, with a very small amount of heat on the cpu and cooler.
I'll give overdrive a go, thanks :)

QuickyTime

Honorable
Dec 27, 2014

Well BIOS temps don't as far as i know read ambient case temperature or room temp, reason i say is if your room temperature is 18c, your temps should not be below this at idle, your not running a phase change cpu cooler so your idle temp should reflect ambient room temps.

I hope the thread i directed you too described TM(thermal margin)accurately enough and please do post here with what your thermal margin is at idle and what TM is at at load, i would suggest prime95 for 10 minutes watching your TM the entire time to make sure you don't possibly do damage but also get an accurate high cpu load temp over time.

I hope this helps!

Hitty91

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

I tried overdrive (enabled boost to 4.2ghz as well) at first it hovered with a margin of 65/70°c and then with wow running it hovered between 49/55°c margin and with bf3/bf4 i pushed it to a 45° margin
Peak temps ive been gettin after running for a few days are now 31° with med/high loadout to 7/12° idle.
All fans are always running (cant turn them off) so the inside of the case is very cool

QuickyTime

Honorable
Dec 27, 2014

Well i would say a TM of 45c wile running BF4 is good, my TM on my FX-6300 in BF4 is 48c, but BF4 is a CPU hungry game.

What i'm not quite getting is you left your PC on for a few days and now your TM is 31c at load and 7/12c at idle?

that doesn't make sense, TM margin stays high aka 60c then load we say 45c meaning your about 45c away from thermal
throttling give or take.

I suggest getting a good Quad heat pipe air cooler, i'm currently using a Zalman cnps10x optima, i picked it up for $28 from Fry's, it has four direct touch pipes and one 120mm fan, I also got a Corsair AF120 for push pull configuration and my temps this 6300 are just fine at 4.0ghz.