is it possible to install android apps on lumia 535 mobile phone

swarnava dey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
hey guys , recently i have installed windows 10 build 10586 from windows insider , i was wondering if i can get android apps on my lumia 535 is it possible ? another question will lumia 535 support 4g sim in it ?

Solution

No, the radio inside the phone is a GSM/HSPA radio, its not possible to software upgrade it to LTE. There are some devices that 4G LTE was not enabled in the phone, but the radio was there, software updates enabled it. This phone is not one of them.

HSPA is sometimes called 3.5G or 4G, its not LTE but it is faster than regular 3G.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

It is not that simple. Sideloading is a way to install the app manually from a terminal program on a PC to an Android phone, and microsofts emulation will likely work that way too. But the apps are not coded to windows, if there was an emulator thats how you would do it, but there isn't except some developmental one for developers which isn't even available.

And no that phone is GSM/HSPA it does not support 4G LTE, and you can't just put a SIM card in and get LTE.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No, the radio inside the phone is a GSM/HSPA radio, its not possible to software upgrade it to LTE. There are some devices that 4G LTE was not enabled in the phone, but the radio was there, software updates enabled it. This phone is not one of them.

HSPA is sometimes called 3.5G or 4G, its not LTE but it is faster than regular 3G.

Solution

Dirty Deed

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Android apps were on MS's plans for some time, but they eventually abandoned the development of conversion program of it. However, at some point, you can get iOS apps, because, MS figured out, that iOS has a wide variety of Android apps (as Android has some iOS programs as well, converted both way around), so making a program converter for Android and iOS separately is just waste of time. So, MS began to focus only to iOS ----> Win 10-converting program, since many great Android apps are already converted to iOS, they can then be converted further on to work in Win 10.

PS: I have a 535 too myself, and it doesn't have 4G-support. But, if you wanna have 4G and you are willing to buy similar phone than your 535, go for Lumia 550. It's slightly smaller, thick, but in the end very similar phone and works good, and has 4G-support. :)